Fall 2018 Priority Announcement
The CIHR Institute of Nutrition, Metabolism and Diabetes (INMD) in partnership with the Canadian Association for the Study of Liver (CASL) and the Canadian Liver Foundation (CLF), will provide funding for applications that are determined to be relevant to the research priority areas as described below:
- Project proposals involving clinical and/or basic research that will advance the understanding of liver disease and ultimately contribute to patient management and care in Canada.
- This Priority Announcement requires the completion of a Relevance Form. Applicants must ensure that their relevance form addresses the following points:
- A short statement explaining how the proposed research will strengthen Canadian hepatology research;
- The supervisor must be a CASL Regular Member in good standing for at least 2 consecutive years at the time of application and if successful, must maintain CASL Regular Membership in good standing for the term of the award.
- Successful applicants, and supervisors, must agree to attend the Annual Awards Ceremony of CASL, which is part of Canadian Liver Meeting (May 24-26, 2019, Montreal, QC); however, additional funds to cover the costs of attendance will not be provided.
- Applicants must:
- be a medical graduate registered in a fellowship program in Canada; or
- have completed a PhD degree and be engaged in post-doctoral research related to hepatology.
- The award must be held in Canada.
- Medical graduates must have completed clinical residency training in a recognized adult or pediatric training program (inside or outside of Canada) to the extent that they are eligible (or equivalent) to write Royal College certification exams at the time of starting the award.
- Successful applicants must register and become CASL members.
- A final report on the work accomplished during the fellowship must be submitted to CASL and the CLF within two (2) months of completion of the award. This final report may be free form and a maximum of 4 pages containing the following information:
- Research results to date and expected impacts;
- Publications and Knowledge Translation;
- 1 paragraph summary/quote that could be used in communication channels of the CIHR-INMD, CASL and the CLF (i.e., newsletters).
- Picture of yourself or yourself with research partners (if applicable).
- Only one (1) trainee per lab will be eligible to receive funding.