At CASL, we understand that there is still much to learn about SARS-CoV2 and the disease that it causes, and we recognize that you and your patients may especially have questions about the possible impact of the infection — and now, about the available vaccines — on the liver and on patients with liver disease.
We have created this page to serve as a resource for the members of our community. If you are aware of information or resources that should be added, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Inclusion of links below does not imply CASL endorsement. Many of the earliest studies on SARS-CoV2 were preliminary and should not be taken to constitute definitive clinical guidelines. As with any scientific information, we strongly suggest that readers evaluate each study for themselves.
- CASL and the CLF Present: The COVID-19 Vaccine Safety for Patients with Liver Disease webinar – February 10, 2021 and featuring Dr. Craig Jenne and Dr. Jordan Feld – YouTube
- AASLD Expert Panel Consensus Statement on Vaccines to Prevent COVID-19 Infection in Patients with Liver Disease – February 2, 2021
- Information about COVD-19 Vaccines for People Living with Liver Disease (CASL / CLF – used with permission from the Toronto Centre for Liver Disease at UHN) [English] [French] – January 11, 2021
- CGHE Synthesis – COVID-19 and Liver Disease – April 1, 2020
- Seattle ICU Physician Account – March 15, 2020
- Liver injury in COVID-19: management and challenges (Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol 2020, published online March 4, 2020)
- Joint GI Society Message (AASLD / AGA / ACG / ASGE)
- British Liver Trust blog about COVID-19