At CASL, we understand that our members and the rest of the world are still learning about SARS-CoV2 and the disease that it causes, and we recognize that you and your patients may especially have questions about the possible impact of the infection on the liver and on patients with liver disease.
As more information becomes available, we have created this page to serve as a resource for the members of our community. If you are aware of information or resources that should be added, please email them to email@example.com.
Note: Inclusion of links below does not imply CASL endorsement. Many of the early studies on SARS-CoV2 are preliminary and should not be taken to constitute definitive clinical guidelines. As with any scientific information, we strongly suggest that readers evaluate each study for themselves.
- CGHE Synthesis – COVID-19 and Liver Disease – April 1, 2020
- Seattle ICU Physician Account – March 15, 2020
- Liver injury in COVID-19: management and challenges (Lancet Gastroenterol Hepatol 2020, published online March 4, 2020)
- Joint GI Society Message (AASLD / AGA / ACG / ASGE)
- British Liver Trust blog about COVID-19
- Call for Papers: Journal of Hepatology and the COVID-19 infection