The CASL Education Committee will evaluate candidates based on their fulfillment of the following criteria, which should be addressed within the nomination submission:
- Development and/or implementation of educational innovation and programs at local, provincial and national level
- Scholarly activities in medical education (e.g., research, scientific presentations in medical education at local, provincial and national meetings)
- Leadership in medical education (local, provincial or national)
- Demonstration of administrative abilities and duties at the local, provincial or national or international levels
- Excellence in teaching
Nomination submissions should be emailed to email@example.com prior to December 15, 2023, and must include:
- Letter of nomination, addressing why the nominated candidate fulfills the criteria above.
- Two additional letters of support for the nomination. One letter of support must come from within the nominee’s institution. These letters should address why the nominated candidate fulfills the criteria above.
- The nominee’s complete curriculum vitae.
Important to Note:
- Awardees must be CASL members
- Members currently serving on the CASL Education Committee are not eligible for nomination
The award will be presented to the CASL Education Excellence Awardee at the CASL Awards Ceremony, which will place at the Joint CDDW™-CLM Conference in Toronto, Ontario on March 1, 2024. The CASL office will coordinate with the award recipient prior to the meeting to coordinate logistics.
Click here to see previous CASL Education Excellence Award Recipients