Section 1: Group Learning activities must meet the following mandatory criteria in order for the activity to be approved under Section 1 of the MOC program:
- The event must be planned to address the identified needs of the target audience.
- Learning objectives that address identified needs must be created for the overall event and individual sessions. The learning objectives must be printed on the program brochure and /or handout materials.
- At least 25% of the total education time must be devoted to interactive learning.
- The event must include an evaluation of the event’s established learning objectives and the learning outcomes identified by participants.
- The event must meet the required ethical standards for continuing professional development.
Credits: 1 credit per hour
Examples of Accredited Section 1 Activities include:
- Accredited conferences
- Accredited rounds/journal clubs/ small group
- Web-based group learning (must meet all requirements of Section 1 including interactivity)
The application must be submitted electronically with all required documentation attached a minimum of six (6) weeks prior to the CPD event to email@example.com.